Tuesday 27 July 2010

Wrong Number

Hello readers. You all might be having cell phones. Of course these days its very important. You receive calls, you make calls, you send SMS, and you receive SMS, browse and do what not. You stay in touch with everyone. There’s no doubt, cell phone is very useful.
So you’ll might have received wrong numbers also. But have you ever received wrong number asking for yourself????

Well, I keep on receiving such calls. I get calls asking for Vishal from unknown people.
3-4 months back I received a call from an unknown number. It was a lady.

Lady: Hello!!
Me: Hello.
Lady: Vishal, when are you coming? Where are you?
I was totally confused.
Me: Hello, may I know who this is??
Lady: It’s Vishal right??!!
Me: Ya.
Lady: Hey, it’s me Sunanda yaar.. Come as soon as possible.
I couldn’t understand what was going on. I knew one Sunanda. Sunanda Madival, the one who worked in our Gas agency. But she didn’t know English. But she was trained to speak a few lines in English. So I thought it was Sunanda Madival.
Me: Ha, tell.
Lady: When are you coming?
Me: By the end of this month….. ( I was supposed to go to Karwar by the end of that month)
Lady: Are you joking. Look Vishal come here by today evening..
Me: Ha ha, nice joke ha..
Lady: Vishal, stop kidding.
I realized that it wasn’t a trained English.
Me: Hello, who’s this???
Lady: its Vishal right? Wipro Vishal??
Me: ya I’m vishal. But not wipro vishal.
Lady: sorry sir, wrong number.
How can this happen? How can she dial a wrong number to another Vishal? Strange…


After about 2months received another call. This time from another number.
Me: Hello.
Man: Hello Vishal.
Me: Ya, who’s this???
Man: It’s me naveen yaar. How was your day at office??
Me: Naveen?? Office??
Man: Naveen B.S. yaar.
I don’t know any Naveen and any office. I get frustrated when I get calls or messages from unknown numbers.
Me: I don’t know any Naveen and about which office are you talking about??
Man: It’s vishal from Wipro right?
Me: No, but who is that Vishal from Wipro? I’m vishal but not Vishal from Wipro. Tell me who that Vishal is.
Man: sorry sir, wrong number.
Me: hello, please tell me who’s that vishal from Wipro? How did you get my number? Please tell me.
He disconnected the call……….

After few days again I received call asking for same Wipro vishal. Seems it was Suresh who had called.
Yesterday again I received a wrong call. From Pawan. Pawan from Airtel. But again asking for the same Vishal from Wipro.
Arrey who’s that Wipro Vishal? Why am I getting his call? What’s his number? How did they get my number? Still finding answers to these questions.

6 comments:

Kiran said...

Lo who's tat idiot from WIPRO??? hey MLA were u working there in night shift huh???;)

Unknown said...

@kiran i don't know who he is. But i get calls asking for him:-)

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Unknown said...

would be glad to know how it helped...

Abhi said...

Ha Ha.. its happenned to me aswell... few yrs back, i used to get calls asking Mr. Vasudev & the callers used to argue that i was Vasudev eventhough i denied. Even Vasudev's previos GF had called up & asked me sorry. I used to get msgs whenever his account was credited with amt.. & then I contacted Airtel, they said the no was previously assigned to MR.Vasudev (who was a postpaid customer) & after he surrendered the sim card, it was converted to prepaid & was sold to me... !!!

Unknown said...

but abhi, Here i'm getting calls asking for another vishal;-)